It's the Christmas holidays, friends and family members are coming together to celebrate the festivities together. This year, the party is going to be held at your house and everyone is expecting a feast. All this seems okay, but you're lazy. We get it. And we don't blame you – cleaning dishes is the worst. But what can you do when you're short on time and don't want to spend all night scrubbing pots and pans after the Christmas party?
Here at Nimbus Homes, we got you. Here are 3 easy one pot recipes to wow everyone this holiday season (yes, especially your in-laws).
One pot recipes are perfect for those who want to minimize the amount of cleanup they have to do. All of these recipes can be made in a single pot or pan, so there's no need to waste time washing dishes. Plus, all of these recipes are easy to follow and require minimal ingredients. So whether you're short on time or just feeling lazy, these one pot recipes are sure to come in handy.
A 1 pot dish is a meal that can be made in one pot. This means that there is less mess and less dishes to clean at the end of the meal. Clever, right?
There are all sorts of delicious recipes that can be made in one pot. From soups and stews to casseroles and pasta dishes, there's something for everyone. And best of all, most 1 pot dishes can be made in under an hour. So if you're short on time – or just lazy – give one of these recipes a try.
Cooking doesn't have to be a big production. In fact, sometimes the simplest recipes are the best. That's why we've gathered 5 easy 1 pot recipes for you to try. These recipes are perfect if you're short on time and don't feel like cleaning a bunch of dishes.
So what are you waiting for? Try out one of these recipes today and see how easy cooking can be.
20min Prep | 4H Cook | 6 Servings
Yes, we know, this dish takes more than an hour. However, the end result is simply divine. This may look like a complicated dish, but it's actually quite easy to make. You'll only need one pot, a few simple ingredients and a couple of hours to create this mouth-watering meal perfect for the holiday season. This dish may take a while to cook, but trust us when we say it's worth it! The slow-roasted lamb is tender and juicy, while the baby potatoes are the perfect side.
- 1 leg of lamb
- 1 lb. baby potatoes
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Heat oil in a pan and cook lamb for 5 minutes on each side until browned.
3. Remove lamb from heat and drain excess oil from pan.
4. Cut potatoes into thin slices.
5. Toss all ingredients into pan, layering the potatoes.
6. In a large pot, combine the rest of the ingredients except for the salt and pepper.
7. Season with salt and pepper, then cover and bake in the preheated oven for 4 hours or until the lamb is tender.
8. Remove from oven and let rest for 10 minutes before carving. Season with more salt and pepper for taste.
10m Prep | 20min Cook | 8 Servings
This is a simple and delicious recipe that only uses one pot. Perfect for a quick and easy meal, these prawns are full of flavor thanks to the garlic, lime and chili. The best part? This dish only takes 30 minutes to make from start to finish!
- 2kg, tiger prawns prawns, peeled and deveined
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp. lime juice
- 1 tsp. chili flakes
- 1/3 cup. olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Sliced French loaf to serve
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. In a bowl, combine all ingredients except for salt and pepper.
3. Season with salt and pepper, then toss to coat.
4. Pour mixture into a baking dish or one-pot.
5. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until prawns are cooked through.
6. Garnish with fresh lime and chili flakes, if desired.
7. Serve immediately with slices of French loaf.
20mins Prep | 40mins Cook | 5 Servings
This classic Christmas dish is comforting, easy to make and even more delicious! With easily found ingredients, this beef shepherd's pie is guaranteed to bring a smile to you and your family. Alternatively, you may also choose to use chicken if your family doesn't like the taste of beef.
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 1kg. ground beef
- 3 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 cup beef stock
- 4 cups mashed potatoes
- 1 tsp oregano
- Salt and pepper for taste
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
1. In a large pot, heat olive oil over medium-high heat.
2. Add ground beef and cook until browned.
3. Drain fat and remove from pot.
4. In the same pot, melt butter over medium heat.
5. Add onion, carrots and garlic. Cook until softened.
6. Stir in tomato paste and beef stock.
7. Add cooked beef and oregano. Season with salt and pepper.
8. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
9. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
10. Pour mixture into a baking dish. Spread mashed potatoes over the top.
11. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are golden brown.
12. Garnish with chopped parsley and serve.
When you're done enjoying your delicious one-pot meal, don't forget to clean up after yourself! We know it's the least fun part, so why not outsource it? Be it a messy dining room or whether your living room looks like a tornado just flew through post-party, Nimbus Homes has your covered!
Nimbus Homes is a housekeeping service with top notch cleaners that'll take care of all your post-dining woes. Simply head to our booking page and we’ll take care of everything. Now you can focus on what really matters: spending quality time during the holidays.
So there you have it, 3 recipes that are not only delicious but will also help you avoid doing dishes this holiday season. And if you're still not convinced that cooking at home is for you, remember that Nimbus Homes is here to take care of all the most tedious parts such as cleaning for you. So what are you waiting for? Get cooking!